First Day of Second Grade

2:30 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
Yesterday was the first day back to school for Morganna.  We had a meeting with the school nurse last week to give her all of Morgannas' supplies and snacks. When I was going to pick her up she said the nurse wanted to talk to me so I started heading into the school.  Her teacher was walking in and Morgan called to her to introduce me.

I could tell she was freaked out.  She seems very eager to learn about caring for a Diabetic child but had the jitters we had when all this was put in our lap. I told her to not let this stress her out and within a month all of it will be second nature.

I went in to the school and mentioned to the nurse JDRF is having a Diabetes Walk next April and she was excited about it.  I told her Morgan had a team set up if anyone from the school would be interested in joining in on the walk.  She also said it would be ok if I brought in her pledge sheet once I get it and teachers usually donate a few bucks for her.  With this and going around to local businesses Im sure we can meet the $200 goal she has.

Also over at Candy Hearts blog they are giving away a lot of cool stuff for Diabetic kids.  

0 comments: